POOLS ON THE PARK
Teddington Pools & Fitness Centre
Shene Sports & Fitness Centre
Hampton Sports & Fitness Centre
Teddington Sports Centre
Whitton Sports & Fitness Centre
Richmond Card with paid for leisure subscription
Pools on the Park
Feel Good with us this Autumn
Welcome to our August eBulletin.
The holidays are nearly over and the children are heading back to school. So what better time to start thinking about booking a new sports course, join in a fitness class or sign up for one of our great Feel Good Fitness memberships.
Please remember to change your preferences by clicking on the right hand side of the newsletter. Simply update your preferences with items that interest you and you will only receive these in future newsletters.
Leisure at Richmond
Back to School…Back to Feel Good Fitness
Get your six week back to school fitness programme at one of our Feel Good Fitness sites now!
We pride ourselves on being different to other health club chains and understand that exercising regularly is not easy for many of us and that you want to see results quickly. You’ll receive first rate advice from our qualified team of instructors, a gym programme tailored to your individual needs and step-by-step support and motivation to help you stick to your goals.
Sign up today and feel good about:
• No contracts
• Money back guarantees on all memberships
• 2 pools, 4 gyms and 120 fitness classes
• Fully staffed state of the art gyms with qualified instruction
• Membership covers 5 centres
• Nutritional support services available
• Specially tailored services for those new to exercise
• Complimentary personalised programmes every 14 visits
• Regular instructor led abdominal training services
• Loyalty scheme with money off vouchers worth over &50
for more information or call us today on 020 3772 2999 to arrange a tour.
Something amazing is happening at Shene Sports & Fitness Centre. A new gym, spin studio and group exercise studio opens in September. Limited founder member offers are available now. Click
for details or call us on 020 3772 2999 (option 1).
We are the gym you’ve always wanted to join…and guarantee Feel Good Fitness will make you feel great!
Feel Good Swim School remaining spaces – book today
Bookings have started and we have the last few spaces remaining. But you’ll need to be quick as spaces are limited.
Here at Teddington Pools & Fitness Centre we want to keep you updated with all the latest news on our Feel Good Swim School.
Junior Learn to Swim
For those wanting to learn to swim we offer courses for all ages and abilities. We have highly qualified instructors who will help to develop confidence both in and around the water. So tell your friends, visit us today and book a place!
for more information.
Infant Learn to Swim
Don’t forget we also offer a large Infant Learn to Swim Programme with courses for carer and baby, carer and toddler and pre-school.
for more information.
Please come into Teddington Pools & Fitness Centre and book your place today.
For more information please call us on 020 3772 2999.
Lots to look forward to this autumn
Here at Teddington Sports Centre our new autumn programme is about to start so why not book your child onto a sports course today.
We offer a wide range of junior courses including basketball, squash, gymnastics, karate, tennis (including tots tennis), street dance, judo, football and trampolining.
for more information, or call us on 020 3772 2999 to check availability and book a place.
Why is swimming good for you?
Many people run to get fit but don’t think of swimming as another major route to a healthier lifestyle. What a mistake!
Why does swimming need to be part of your lifestyle:
• 30 minutes of steady-paced lane swimming burns over 200 calories – well over 400 in an hour.
• Any swimming that makes you breath more heavily counts as “moderate” activity. Even treading water takes effort, so you are working most of the time you are in the pool.
• The pressure and resistance of the water makes your body work that little bit harder. That means 30 minutes of activity in the water is worth 45 minutes of the same activity on land.
• The water takes your weight, so swimming can be great for people who have mobility problems or want to protect their joints.
• Swimming works your whole body for overall toning.
• Swimming is great for your heart. Because you are using your whole body your heart has to pump blood to your arms and legs, helping circulation too.
• It is also great for your lungs – length swimming in particular forces you to breath in a deep and rhythmic way which gives your lungs a boost.
• Being in water can have great psychological benefits too – the pool can “take you away from it all” and the feeling of being in water can be refreshing, relaxing and liberating as the water takes your weight.
So make swimming part of your healthy lifestyle and come along to Teddington Pools & Fitness Centre today. Swimming is available on a pay-as-you-go basis or a monthly membership that will save you money.
for more information or call Teddington Pools & Fitness Centre on 020 3772 2999.
New fitness classes at Teddington Sports Centre
Our new fitness class programme at Teddington Sports Centre is starting soon! There’s a wide range of classes for all fitness levels including Zumba, core stability, ballet and stretch and tone.
Why not try our LES MILLS™ fitness class Body Attack™. It’s the sports-inspired cardio workout for building strength and stamina. This high-energy interval training class combines athletic aerobic movements with strength and stabilization exercises. Dynamic instructors and powerful music motivate everyone towards their fitness goals - from the weekend athlete to the hard-core competitor! Like all the LES MILLS™ programs, a new BODYATTACK™ class is released every three months with new music and choreography.
Our energetic and enthusiastic instructors will help you get fit and have fun at the same time!
for more information or call the centre reception on 020 3772 2999.
Adult Swim Courses
Many adults would like to learn to swim given the right opportunity. Swimming is an excellent form of low impact exercise with many health benefits including weight loss, muscle toning and cardiorespiratory improvement. It’s also good fun.
At Teddington Pools & Fitness Centre we have a range of adult lessons designed for varying abilities. It’s never too late to learn to swim. From lessons for the complete beginner who lacks water confidence to lessons for competent swimmers who want to improve their technique. Feel Good Swim School has it all!
We understand that you may feel embarrassed or nervous about taking swimming lessons as an adult but please don’t feel like you’re the only one.
We offer 6 week courses for beginners, intermediate or advanced swimmers. Our next term will start w/c 7 September and you can book your place now.
for more information or call the centre reception on 020 3772 2999.
Swimming is a total body workout that leaves you feeling energised and revitalised. So come and try one of our lessons today and get swimming.
RISE to the challenge and help young people and adults get into sport
Buddies and volunteers are currently being recruited to support children, young people, and adults with disabilities access sport.
The RISE (Richmond upon Thames Inclusive Sport and Exercise) initiative was launched by Richmond Council’s Sport Team in 2008 and promotes inclusive and disability specific sport opportunities across the borough.
They are looking for people who are interested in becoming a ‘RISE buddy’, which is a paid position, or volunteer at some of their sessions. Buddies and volunteers will be matched with an individual or small group and support them in the activity that they would like to do.
The sessions could be organised such as RISE football or RISE tennis, an exercise class at a sports centre, athletics club or casual use of the gym. The hours are flexible and the Council’s Sport’s Development Team will match the buddy or volunteer according to their experience, availability and interests.
Richmond Council Cabinet Member for Sport, Cllr Meena Bond, said: “Becoming a volunteer or buddy for someone who may find it difficult to access sport is a wonderfully rewarding opportunity for residents. It allows disabled people from across the borough to participate in exciting sport and exercise opportunities or develop existing skills at various weekly RISE clubs.”
An information session for people interested in becoming a RISE buddy or volunteer will be held on Wednesday, September 9 from 10.30am to 11.30am at the Civic Centre.
For more information contact Lizzy Roberts on 020 8831 6134 or email
For more information on RISE please click
Get into Aquafit
Aquafit is a high energy and fun class in which you perform a range of aerobic moves in the pool shown to you by our motivational instructors! No matter what your age, ability or experience aqua fit is an inclusive activity suitable for everyone.
Not only is exercising in water good fun, it’s also amazingly good for you and comes with benefits its land-based equivalents can't offer. Water is 800 times denser than air so you will get a better work out with a smaller risk of injury than if you were exercising on land.
Aquafit classes offer you something different to a traditional gym workout and you’ll really see a difference in your overall health and fitness. Typical classes will involve all the exercises you would expect in a ‘dry’ class but with added bonuses you can only get from exercising in water.
So what are the benefits of exercising in water?
• Water supports the body, putting less stress on your joints and muscles
• This support is great if you’re older, have suffered an injury or are recovering from illness
• Water pressure helps the heart move blood around the body, putting less strain on it
• The impact of gravity is less in the water allowing a greater range of motion
• Working out in water can also prevent overheating, helping you exercise for longer.
• And... It’s fun! It is not often you can say that about a workout.
for our class timetable or call the centre reception on 020 3772 2999.
Looking for a cardio class that builds strength and stamina?
What is a BODY ATTACK™ class? BODY ATTACK™ is a high-energy interval training class. This sports-inspired cardio workout combines athletic aerobic movements with strength and stabilisation exercises to tone and shape your body, improve co-ordination and raise your overall fitness.
BODY ATTACK™ is the sports-inspired cardio workout for building strength and stamina. This high-energy interval training class combines athletic aerobic movements with strength and stabilization exercises. Dynamic instructors and powerful music motivate everyone towards their fitness goals - from the weekend athlete to the hard-core competitor! Like all the LES MILLS™ programmes, a new BODY ATTACK™ class is released every three months with new music and choreography.
What can you expect from a typical class?
It’s a 55-minute sports-inspired cardio workout that's all about improving your speed, fitness, strength and agility. You'll love the group dynamic that's at the heart of BODY ATTACK™.
1. Your instructor will first guide you through a warm-up, with big, simple aerobic moves. An increasing range of moves will gradually get more intense.
2. You'll then really get into the zone with two intense peaks, each followed by recovery and conditioning tracks that focus on your upper, then lower body. Dig deep and push yourself through! Have some fun with class interaction, and test your speed and agility.
3. The final track will give you time to recover and stretch, as you congratulate yourself on a job well done.
What are the benefits?
• Burn loads of calories
• Tone and shape your body
• Raise your overall fitness and stamina for high energy sports
• Improve your coordination and agility
• Develop strength through core conditioning work
• Enhance your bone health and density
• Increase your heart and lung capacity through a full-body cardio workout
So what are you waiting for….get down to Teddington Pools & Fitness Centre and join in a class!
for more information or call us on 020 3772 2999.
BODY ATTACK™ classes are also available at Teddington Sports Centre and Whitton Sports & Fitness Centre.
Come and try inclusive and disability sport
The next RISE event is on Saturday 12 September at Teddington Sports Centre. The event will be running from 10am to 3pm and there will be an opportunity to try cricket, dance, football, tennis and many other sports too.
Participants will be able to find out about the inclusive and disability specific activities that are available in the borough and the surrounding area.
For more information on the RISE event or our regular activities, please contact the Sports Development Team on 020 8831 6181, text: 07956 027701 or email:
The full programme of the day will be available online nearer the date. Please click
for more details.
This site is hosted by
Limited on behalf of Richmond upon Thames Sport and Fitness Centres. All information provided is accurate at the date of publish. Please contact
if you require any further information.